Dependable experience in employment law and the law of welfare and social security
Our firm’s employment law department benefits from experience built up over more than 30 years. Today it consists of 11 partners, working within a team of 43 lawyers who specialise in both employment law and welfare law, and are thus able to act with equal assurance across the whole field.
The department has 12 lawyers dedicated to litigating employment relatef matters, reflecting the considerable rise in claims over the last 15 years.
Together with its 54 lawyers, the Employment Law Department also includes a department devoted to doctrine.
In addition to our strong experience, which is widely recognised, we benefit from our ongoing daily practice, our close relationship with each client, and our determination to be responsive and pragmatic in providing a service which meets the needs of each client in the best possible way.
Today, senior management is faced with four major employment policy challenges:
- Ensuring the best possible legal protection while taking into account a legal framework which is ever changing
- Responding to market demand with more flexibility in terms of personnel
- Building a system of employee schemes and policies based on loyalty and motivation
- Confronting the financial issues raised when implementing employment policy within the business
Our areas of practice
Against a background of increasingly complex employment legislation, our lawyers support and advise executives, HR directors and employee relations departments on all relevant aspects of their business activity.
We advise our clients on their working relationships with individuals and collective bodies, and deal with the employment implications of strategic business decisions as an advisor or in litigious circumstances. In this way we help to improve the competitiveness of our client’s businesses as well as their attractiveness.
In this regard, following is a non-exhaustive list that represents the expertise of the employment law department:
Our approach is based on:
- The availability of the firm’s expertise in other fields, for legal as well as taxation. Indeed, the complexity of the issues which arise demands the synergy of legal expertise, for example, with that of tax law in a matter concerning the status of executives or international mobility, or with that of company law in a restructuring matter.
- Methodial precision: we assess requirements, implement strategies, and support clients through the various phases of their operations, both on an advisory basis and in a litigation.
- The ability to handle international matters through dedicated multilingual lawyers with expert knowledge of international employment law practice.
Our clients in the business world are French and international corporate groups and their subsidiaries operating across the full range of business activity. We are best known for our work in the following sectors: pharmaceuticals, IT, printing and publishing, the food industry, telecommunications, finance, banking and insurance, mass retailing, the public and semi-public sector, air transport, car parts and accessories, and luxury goods.
What you can expect from our lawyers:
- Close attention and understanding of your needs
- Rigorous analysis, technical expertise and the ability to focus ont the essential issues, as well as efficiency in our approach.
- Teamwork and respect for the values which are an integral part of our team.
- A good knowledge of the reality of the business world, often underpinned by double qualification through well-regarded French examinations and a perspective on the current situation in your business sector.