The multiplication of risks facing players in the economic sphere due to the growing complexity of the environment in which they operate is a well-established reality. Aggravated by the economic, financial and environmental crisis, together with political and/or social instability in a number of the world’s regions, this has led to an increased need for protection, giving the insurance sector a predominant role in the changing economic sphere.
In this environment the Insurance team at CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre aims to provide players in this sector with the services of lawyers specializing in the legal and taxation issues
relevant to their activities and development.
Our practice areas
Our Insurance team provides expertise particularly in the following areas, both in respect of French and EU law:
- Institutional and prudential regulation of insurance and reinsurance companies, mutual insurance companies, and of provident institutions, support with licensing procedures
- Regulation of insurance intermediation and distribution of insurance products, assistance with the legal organization of marketing networks
- Life insurance, both group and individual, providence, health insurance
- Fire, accident & sundry risk insurance, legal cover, and compulsory insurance
- Reinsurance operations and structuring reinsurance
- Audit of insurance policies and insurance programs
- Insurance portfolio transfers
- Litigation and disciplinary proceedings.
- Ability to deal with complex issues: our team work on innovative crosss-border transactions along with our CMS networkpartners as necessary.
- Synergy of expertise: : we call upon the skills of other experts in the firm, notably our tax lawyers, to ensure that the matters to which we are entrusted are dealt with in the best possible manner and that every issue or transaction is fully covered. The firm’s excellence in tax matters enables us, for example, to offer innovative, optimised tax structures in this field.
- Innovative customised solutions: attentive to our clients, we respond in the best possible way to their present and future needs. Our knowledge of market practices allows us to offer our clients tested solutions although we attach particular importance to ensuring that for each situation or transaction, the solutions we propose and the documentation that is drawn up correspond effectively to the real needs of our clients.
The Insurance team serves the needs of a wide variety of clients in France and abroad: insurance companies, mutual insurance companies, providence institutions, brokers and other intermediaries, industrial and commercial companies, social stakeholders, and local, national or supranational public authorities.
Six lawyers specialising in insurance law and finance law covering all areas relating to insurance.