Mutual assistance in tax collection in the European Union: what practical consequences for taxpayers?
In this period of financial, economic and budgetary crisis, protecting the financial interests of EU member states has become a key policy driver. To a greater extent than ever before, efforts to combat tax fraud are an imperative for States. The new Directive on mutual assistance for the recovery of taxes aims to improve the efficiency of tax collection in cross-border situations. Our experts will give an overview of practices in VAT and Direct taxation and explain the practical consequences for taxpayers doing business across different EU jurisdictions.
- Federico Raffaelli - CMS Adonnino Ascoli & Cavasola Scamoni (Italy)
- Anne Grousset - CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France)
- Daniel Gutmann - CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France)
- Felipe Masa - CMS Albiñana & Suárez de Lezo (Spain)
- Pierre Sappey - CMS Bureau Francis Lefebvre (France)